- DOGS DIE IN HOT CARS
- Animals can sustain brain damage or even die from heatstroke in just 15 minutes. Beating the heat is extra tough for dogs because they can only cool themselves by panting.
- Please ensure at the minimum your dog is wearing a harness and is attached to the seat belt using an approved pet safety system
- To prevent unwanted dribbles and scratches on your car leather seats you can also use a dog booster seat
- Please consider crate training your dog or puppy.
- This is the safest and easiest way to transport your dog, or cat. It also extends your trips to planes and trains. I flew 5 animals from the Cayman Islands to the UK. This would have been VERY stressful if my pets had not been crate trained.
- Dog on Board signs are great to use so hopefully people won’t tailgate you and also give you adequate boot space when parking etc.
What method have you chosen to take your doggies out in the car? Let me know in the comments below:
One thought on “5 Tips for a Safe Dog Car Journey”